Weeping Cherry Trees

Weeping Cherry

peanut1 added on September 16, 2012 | Answered

My name is Clay and I live in northeast Alabama. About 4 or 5 months ago I planted a weeping cherry tree. The tree itself looks very healthy. I water it every other day if it doesn't rain. The branches are really weeping; in fact, the branches are weeping so much they are touching the ground and actually growing longer along the ground. I trimmed them back some. The problem is the tree isn't getting taller. The top of it was pruned when we received it from I think Spring Hill. The top shows no sign at all of getting taller. No shoots comming up at all. What gives?

Sounds like your tree may be in need of some pruning at the top to remove the older, unproductive growth. This article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/weeping-cherry/pruning-weeping-cherry.htm

00
Here are more questions about Weeping Cherry Trees