Muscadine Plants

Transplanting Question…

I've got a muscadine vine that was planted about 8 years ago. It's about 4 feet tall and covers an area about 6 feet around. I want to move it to a larger area (out of the yard) so I can string some wires between two posts and run the vines so they'll grow along the wires. (I'll have to prune a lot, too.) I plan to get a big root ball, and I know it'll take some digging. But would it be OK to go ahead and transplant it this spring, or should I wait until it goes dormant this fall?

It should be ok to go ahead and transplant now during spring, but just be sure to keep it well watered. This article will give advice to help avoid transplant shock: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Muscadine Plants