Tomatillo Plants

Tomatillo Tomato

I planted a tomatillo plant, which is now 5' tall with lots of blossoms all summer that consistently fell off. I have yet not got one tomatillo. The plant is beautiful. If there is a miracle I may get a tomatillo, do I keep waiting? Summer will be over here in Kirkland, Wa. in a couple of weeks. We had a very hot summer, so what do you think went wrong with this plant?

It is a pollination issue. The high humidity makes it difficult for them to pollinate well. You may need to hand pollinate. Tomatoes and tomatilloes are pollinated in the same way, so these articles will help:

Even still, without two plants, it is unlikely that the plant will produce fruit. They may produce a few, but not much more than that.

Here are more questions about Tomatillo Plants