Spanish Moss Plants

Spanish Moss Disappeared

jtooth added on May 31, 2017 | Answered

My problem is unusual...I have an old oak that had beautiful Spanish moss. One day I realized the moss was gone. All of it. It was last spring, after a particularly lengthy wet period. I know moss wants to dry out. Could that have been it? Was it the fertilizer I put on the grass around the outer edges of the canopy? When I sprayed Round Up on garden weeds, did that float up and kill all of it? Oddly, I had some of the moss hanging on a bottle tree under the oak, and that moss is still there and seemingly growing. I saw an article on how to regrow my moss, but how do I insure it will not disappear again?

Moss can die off from disease, and excess moisture can lead to a fungus.

Moss can also be knocked from the tree from heavy rain or wind.

Overspray from a herbicide can cause harm or kill anything it comes in contact with.

This article will help you with care for Spanish Moss.
https://www.airplantsupplyco.com/blogs/articles/6168524-spanish-moss-tillandsia-usneoides

00
Here are more questions about Spanish Moss Plants