Container Hibiscus Plants

Separate or Not – Small Hibiscus Plant

kathykaiser added on June 26, 2014 | Answered

I bought a pot with three hibiscus plants approx 10" high in it. Can I separate them without harming the growth of flowers?

This sounds like three cuttings that were rooted together. Their roots would be so entwined that, while you could separate them, it would require major cutting apart of the roots, and then you would have to cut back the foliage, so you'd basically be starting three plants almost from scratch. I personally would probably not do this, but I know people who routinely and successfully cut apart all new plants that they get. So if that's what you want to do, have at it. Here's a general look at growing hibiscus in pots: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/how-to-care-for-hibiscus-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants