Lily Plants

Relocating Stargazer Lilies

JVJ4845 added on July 19, 2014 | Answered

We are in the process of moving and I want to take my stargazers with me. How long after they finish blooming can I dig them up and how do I care for them after I transplant them?

Thank you for the very helpful info. I have had these flowers for over 7 years and am glad I don't have to give them up.

Although fall is usually recommended as the best time to plant Asiatic lilies, if you are moving now, you don't have to wait till they've stopped flowering. If you're careful, you can lift the clump(s), roots and all, and take them to their new home. The good part of this is that you can make sure the taller flowers go in back, and the color arrangements are pleasing. This article article will be helpful, especially in preparing the bed for the plants:

Here are more questions about Lily Plants