Plumeria Plants

Pruning Plumeria

Hugh Pickrel added on February 15, 2018 | Answered

I have a sprawling plumeria. I would like to encourage some vertical growth in order to keep it from blocking the stairs on either side of where it is planted. How should I do this? I really like the plant, and don't want to hurt it.

This process can be done, but it will take a lot of time and patience. You will want to cut only a branch or two off at a time if it falls in to the walkway. prune one day each week until it is out of the walkways. It will take on a new shape and be quite unsightly for a while, but with prober pruning and shaping, it will change direction and look wonderful again after a few seasons.

Here is an article for more information on the plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/plumeria/growing-plumeria.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plumeria Plants