Poison Ivy Plants
Q.

Poison Ivy

Anonymous added on May 24, 2014 | Answered

Is there ever a time when you can touch poison ivy without getting the rash? Like when it is dead? And how do you tell when it is dead?

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Nikki
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on May 24, 2014

No. While these plants do go dormant in fall and winter, be aware that they can still cause problems. The poison remains active even after the plant is dead. So even if you think it's dead, you can still get a rash from contact with the plant.

00
Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Poison Ivy Plants
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More