Accessible Gardening

Picking Up Leaves

bigmur added on April 23, 2016 | Answered

I have Osteoarthritis in my left hip and I am starting to have trouble standing and bending to pick up the leaves and petals which have fallen from my prize rose bushes. I carry an outdoor chair around with me, which I sit in to garden. Of course, this means I am still bending forward and reaching out with my hands down to pick up the debris. I am looking for some kind of a light tool with a long reach so I can do this work without needing to bend so much. My wife got me a long reach device with a movable grip at the end which is great for picking up stems when I do my pruning but for small leaves it's no good. I would be very thankful for any ideas on this subject. Thanks, Murrat

melvin kozak

Get a leaf blower blow them away from the roses on to the lawn and run your mower over them they make good fertilizer

00
Here are more questions about Accessible Gardening