Container Hibiscus Plants

My Hibiscus Over Last Two Days Turned Completely Brown With Brittle and Drop

Lani added on August 11, 2013 | Answered

My hibiscus has been in a very large pot for over a year and has had no problems other than an occasional bug. Last week I moved to the country and the plant was transported by the mover's truck just a short distance. My son gave it some plant food and put on new top soil and a day later it had 3-4 beautiful large blooms. This morning the leaves are completely brown, brittle and drooping. It gets the afternoon and evening sun. Is there any help for it?

Sometimes a plant will become stressed by a move, even to another side of the same room. Usually hibiscus are not a picky plant, and are tough. Leaf drop can certainly be a sign of stress, but don't worry, it will refoliate. Hopefully your son didn't put too strong fertilizer on a dry plant, this could burn the roots. Are all the leaves on the plant black and brittle? How long was the plant in a moving van, and how hot was the trailer? Scratch the bark in two or three places. If you see green underneath, your plant should put leaves back out. I wouldn't fertilize again until you see active growth.

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants