Dogwood Trees

Leaves Browning

Halfwaycajun added on July 18, 2011 | Answered

I have a flower bed and had some perennials doing great until I over trimmed one. Oops. So I put some upright perennials in their place. The tips on the leaves though are turning brown and dying. I replaced one because the whole dang plant died. I live in Louisiana and it's rained everyday for a while now. This happened to a dogwood I put down too. I was told that it would come back though. Please help. It looks like they are rotting but I'm wondering if it could be fungus? Could it be?

Susan75023

They are probably just too wet. They MAY come back from the roots but if they have started rotting, it is questionable. I would dig the plants I want to save, trim them back a little if mostly brown and put them in pots and try to prevent a lot of rain from hitting them until they recover. YOu don't want them to dry out completely, of course, but you can control how much water they get.

00
Here are more questions about Dogwood Trees