Japanese Maple Trees

Japanese Maple Blue Dwarf Seeds

tdelattre4 added on March 15, 2018 | Answered

I ordered seeds from online for japanese maple blue dwarf seeds. The problem is, is the time of year I receive the seeds. I live in central Pa, in zone 5 and will receive the seeds in first few days of April. So, I am confused as to the best method for me to try and pursue to plant these for the best hopeful results. If I use the refrigerator method, and plant them in the ground late July to August, they won\'t have more than a month or two of mild autumn temps before winter starts again. Won\'t this confuse them as to their growing season temps? A timeline would be great of when I\'m supposed to do what to give these little seeds the best chance. Even if it means waiting to start them, how do I store them since it\'s a long, hot summer coming?

I would start them indoors. Keep them under lighting for the first year, then you can plant them out in spring, the following year. This will give you the best results. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/japanese-maple/planting-japanese-maple-seeds.htm

00
Here are more questions about Japanese Maple Trees