Container Yucca Plants

Is My Yucca Plant Dying?

8166gw added on May 19, 2012 | Answered

Had my yucca plant for about a year, sits in a large pot in a bay window, which has a blind so it doesn't get full sunlight. I give it a little bit of water most days, use a 500ml bottle, and that lasts about 2 or 3 weeks between refills. Looked great until a couple of weeks ago when some of the lower leaves started withering and going yellow-brown, although most of the upper leaves still look ok at the moment. Is this normal or should I be doing something different? And if it is dying, is there anything I can do to save it?

There are several things that can cause this. When you describe your watering habits, I am leaning towards root rot. Yuccas like their soil a a little dry, so if you have been watering without checking the soil, it is possible it got too much water and has root rot. This article will describe more about root rot and how to correct it:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants