Grape Hyacinth

Is It Alright to Plant Grape Hyacinths in the Spring?

grandmaloveslili added on March 16, 2012 | Answered

Everything I read says that Grape Hyacinths need to be planted in the fall. I just purchased three large pots of grape hyacinths that are currently in bloom. Is it ok to plant them in the ground now even though it is springtime, and how deep do I plant them since they are plants, not bulbs.

Planting is usually performed in fall for spring blooming plants. That does not mean you can't go ahead and plant them now, only that you may not see any blooms until the next season.

You may want to wait until the blooming has finished before planting them out. Plant them at the same depth as the container they are currently in. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/grape-hyacinth/planting-and-care-of-grape-hyacinths.htm

00
Here are more questions about Grape Hyacinth