Soil

Indoor Garden Soil

I just came about a soil , I believe is Miracle Grow. It states it is for indoor plants. Could you please tell me about it. Is there a difference? Thanks

The company says this mix is less likely to get fungus gnats so they took out compost and bark or other "forest products". It also contains a wetting agent and up to 6 months of fertilizer. The fertilizer is high nitrogen, NPK ratios are 3-1-2. Espoma fertilizer for tomatoes has a ratio of 3-4-6 so you can see these are very different. You can supplement the indoor food (meant mainly for leaves and flowers) with additional phosphorus and potassium if you are using this mix in containers to grow vegetables. If you are using it just for starting plants indoors, it will be OK as is. You might find this article useful. http://www.weekendgardener.net/garden-plants/best-garden-fertilizers-060906.htm

00
Here are more questions about Soil