Anthurium Plants

Indoor Anthurium Not Flowering

davebd added on February 17, 2017 | Answered

I have an indoor anthurium that has healthy looking leaves but has not flowered for a few years now. Can I do anything to encourage flowering? Thank you for a lovely site that is so friendly and informative. I have just discovered it and already have read valuable articles on my peach and lemon trees. Kind regards David Wellington, New Zealand Ps can upload a photo it it would help.

JeffreyGardener

It may not be getting enough indirect sunlight. If atmospheric temperatures around the plant are above 90 degrees Fahrenheit or below 55 degrees Fahrenheit, this could discourage flower production. The plant could also be not getting enough humidity inside your house. The anthurium may not be getting enough (or too much) moisture in the soil (without it being too soggy). More likely, you could be giving it too much fertilizer. More fertilizer encourages lush leaf growth, but fewer flowers.

00
Here are more questions about Anthurium Plants