Plumeria Plants

In Starting a Plumeria Plant From a Cutting, Do I Need to Keep It in Water, or Just Put It in the Soil Mixture Without Rooting?

ednchar added on December 18, 2017 | Answered

My granddaughter brought me a cutting of plumeria plant, from Hawaii, and the directions say to put in water, change water daily till roots appear. So far, nothing....other places I read online sound like I should just get a soil mixture and plant directly in that. Help, please........

Either way is just fine. Many people find that rooting in a light soil is easier. Just make sure the mix is not nutrient rich, as this will burn the new roots as they emerge. Peat moss, or coco coir are very good methods for rooting. It is also a good idea to have rooting hormone handy. If you do not have this, you can use honey, or aspirin. These are wonderful rooting hormones.

Here is an article that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/plumeria/growing-plumeria-cuttings.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plumeria Plants