Slipper Orchids

Get a Pink or Showy Lady Slipper to Bloom Again

dapseedwyn added on April 30, 2015 | Answered

How do I get a pink or showy lady slipper to bloom again? I planted a pink lady slipper and waited about seven years. My wife moved it to a slightly more sunny location but still in dappled sunlight under large trees. The location is on a hill with good drainage. The next year we got a single beautiful blossom. For the last 3 years, we have had a vigorous good looking plants but no blooms. Any suggestions for fertilizer, bone meal, soil acidifier, etc. that might get it to bloom again? I think the plant was originally cultivated in Canada.

I have listed a link with a few tips on mulching, fertilizing and proper growing conditions.
My mother in law only waters hers with water from the outside untreated water pump and mulches with old leaves.

Here are more questions about Slipper Orchids