Banana Pepper Plants

Hot Banana Pepper Plants, Tomatoes, Strawberries

swathi added on April 29, 2013 | Answered

I just started my garden with two tomato plants and hot banana pepper plants. Tomato plants already have flowers and are each one feet tall, pepper plants are 1/2 foot I guess. I potted them with Miracle Gro potting soil. For now I am watering twice a week, if it is too hot I am just spraying water, which contains Schultz 10-15-10 liquid food mixed in it. I found a few leaves on pepper plants that turning light gray in color. So today I sprayed insecticidal soap. Is this right? I am planning to add Neptune's fish and seaweed organic fertilizer every 2 weeks once. Kindly suggest me if I am taking care of my plants properly or not.

It sounds as if the pepper has sunburned leaves. Water and fertilizer requirements vary with different factors; soil, temperature, wind, plant size and growth, sun, rain. Always follow package directions when using fertilizer and insecticides. It's possible to burn roots if a plant is overfertilized. It is better to water deeply less often than to water more frequently and less deeply. As your tomatoes set fruit, try to keep them evenly moist. To be wet then allowed to dry out will cause the fruit to split.

00
Here are more questions about Banana Pepper Plants