Heliotrope Plants

Heliotrope Problem

Just bought 4 Heliotrope plants with great expectations for an exciting new to me plant! When I began to plant them, I noticed that starting from the lowest leaves up, the leaves are turning black is shriveling up. They have been kept watered. Any thought about what the problem is? Thank you, Carol in Indiana. carol@slabach.org

Carol, I have this issue when growing heliotrope from seed but it does not seem to affect the plant. On all plants, remove discolored foliage immediately just in case there is foliar disease, usually a fungus. I would rig up something to cast shade on the plants for 2-3 days as they may not be used to outdoor sun. Leaf scorch is then a risk. Here are more general care guidelines: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/heliotrope/growing-heliotrope-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Heliotrope Plants