I live in Colorado where it gets very cold during the winter. I am buying a greenhouse to try to grow vegetables year round. However, with the cold winter temperatures I will need to heat the greenhouse. My plan is to build a large compost pile next to the greenhouse, run a hose through the compost pile in a loop, by which the water inside of the hose will heat up. Then I will bring the water into the greenhouse and heat it. Do you think it will work?

That is really hard to say. It depends on how large your greenhouse will be and how large your compost pile will be. My gut says that it likely will not be enough heat unless you have a very small greenhouse though. This article has tips for heating a greenhouse:

Here are more questions about Greenhouses