Mulberry Trees

Fruitless Mulberry Tree Dying

Anonymous added on January 4, 2011 | Answered

I am hoping that somebody can answer my question. I have had the most lush and beautiful, full fruitless mulberry tree. Last year, I had less leaves. This summer we had even less and stunted leaves (we could see through the tree clearly). It provided very little shade. It was kind of like one half of a branch grew, with smaller leaves and the other half of the branch did not grow. In fact, it was dead. I had a few people check out our tree and they had never seen the problem, or said it was dying. Now, there is a huge batch of mushrooms in a cluster at the bottom. Not in the grass, but on the tree trunk base. I am wondering if it is connected, or a fungus in the tree. What do I treat the area with, after I knock them off? We love our tree. Can anyone help us?

Unfortunately, your tree has classic signs of Armillaria Root Rot. This article will explain more:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/armillaria-root-rot-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees