Four O’clock Flowers

Four O’clock Plants

Linda-lombardo-123 added on May 29, 2016 | Answered

Recently this month we had a drain put in the front of the house to keep water from getting into the basement wall. My four o'clock plants were buried deeper with about 1.5' of soil before they grew. Each year I cut them down in the fall and they grew again in the summer and were always very full and tall. Do you think they will recover and grow this year?

I have had things happen in my gardens where the Four O'Clocks got buried deeper too. They have come back but did seem to take a little longer to poke their heads up. Just this year we had added some extra amended soils to the side of our house before doing some new plantings. The four o'clocks in there have come back nicely and they definitely got buried deep!

00
Here are more questions about Four O’clock Flowers