Dogwood Trees

Can You Give Advice on a Flowering Dogwood Tree

I have a dogwood tree I planted about 3 years ago. It was doing very well until this spring. It started out alright, and then towards the middle of May it started to fade a bit and only got about 2 flowers on it and some of the leaves got brown tips. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Generally, brown leaf tips is an indication of a watering issue, though if this only happens in spring and is otherwise ok, I would assume it may be related to cooler than normal temps this time of year. This should correct itself and is not anything to be alarmed about. Simply care for as normal, making sure it receives adequate water and adding bone meal to the soil may help encourage flowering. If, however, you notice the leaf browning spreads, this could indicate pests or a fungus. Neem oil will help should that happen.

00
Here are more questions about Dogwood Trees