Elaeagnus Plants

Elaeagnus That Dont Flower- Why?

Lyntebbutt added on September 30, 2017 | Answered

I have three elaeagnus shrubs- 2 bought from same nursery and one from a different one. They are very healthy and grow rapidly but at 3 year years old none have flowered. From reputable sources I was told that they would? Do I need to feed them more or prune in anyway. All in pole positions where I really wanted them to flower

First, it is important to know that you will never have to give these foods high in nitrogen. They fix their own. It could be, however, that they need a little phosphorus and potassium. Feed them a little bit of fertilizer high in these. Also, to give it the energy it needs to flower, you should cut back any new extra growth such as shoots coming out of the ground from the roots. This will ensure it has the energy it needs to grow flowers instead of shoots. Here is some more information on the plant:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/elaeagnus/russian-olive-information.htm

00
Here are more questions about Elaeagnus Plants