Denver and Indian Summer Daisies

RSH added on August 31, 2016 | Answered

I just purchased a few of each of these from the nursery and would like help on how to grow them successfully in my garden in Houston, TX. (zone 9a). The information I've found online is a little confusing. Are these annuals or perennials, part-sun or full-sun, grow in the ground or in pots, etc.? The flowers are beautiful and I'd love to be able to have these as a staple in my garden! Any advice is welcome!

These varieties are both part of the species Rudbeckia hirta. It seems that Denver daisies and Indian Summer daisies are perennials in zone 9a, but each plant may live for only a few seasons. Allowing them to self-seed will help them remain a part of your garden for longer. Either partial or full sun should work, and they should be happy in pots or in the ground.

Here are more questions about Daisies