Lettuce Plants

Companion Gardening Square Footage

Anonymous added on January 12, 2011 | Answered

I want to grow iceberg lettuce, corn, green beans, pinto beans, big tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, green onions, cucumbers, cabbage, cilantro, jalapenos, red chili peppers, habanaro, seedless grapes, basil, sage, melon, cerlery, strawberries, rosemary, sunflower, and broccoli. Could you please help me in putting together these plants for a companion garden? Not sure if I would need 3 or 4 different medium-size square foot gardens.  What square footage would I need to fit all these plants?

Give Square Foot Gardening: A New Way to Garden in Less Space with Less Work by Mel Bartholomew a read. The author explains what to start planting and when and how to efficiently organize your garden into square foot areas, including their size. Another good read is Lasagna Gardening by Patricia Lanza. This book is one of my favorites. It’s extremely detailed and informative, packed full of useful tips, and written in easy-to-understand terms for the beginner. Both books will be invaluable resources for your square foot vegetable garden.

00
Here are more questions about Lettuce Plants