Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Climate

I live in southern Alabama. My hibiscus are in pots, but they are getting too big to drag inside for the winter. Will they survive the winter (we do have 20-30 degree nights)? Is there something I can do in order to plant them outside and make sure they survive?

Hardy hibiscus can be left in the ground throughout winter. In cooler climates, additional protection may be needed, such as tarps, burlap, etc. However, this shouldn't be necessary in your area, unless what you have is a tropical variety, which will need to be brought indoors. A light trim is ok (especially if moving indoors) but I would wait until spring before performing any worthwhile pruning. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/tips-for-pruning-hibiscus-plants-when-to-prune-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants