Climbing Roses

Blaze Climbing Rose

Katej added on April 26, 2016 | Answered

Last year my blaze lit up my porch. This year the top is beautiful but the bottom has lost all leaves and roses leaving blank canes for 3-4 ft and then the top is ok. What happened and what should we do?

Blaze can be that way some seasons. It can be a temperature thing. If the weather was cool and nice and then turned very hot, the bush will drop her lower foliage. If her access to sunshine changed due to a tree or branch removal or a tree planting, this too will effect the foliage and bloom production.Feed and water her well. Use an organic or organic based rose food at least once per growing season. I also highly recommend giving the rosebush 1 cup of kelp meal twice per season, they love kelp meal!

00
Here are more questions about Climbing Roses