Birch Trees

Betula Utilis Var Jaquemontii

I have recently bought a silver birch (betula utilis var jaquemontii). I left it in the pot I bought it in for a week before repotting it in a big ceramic pot. It has been in the pot now for 2 weeks and doesn't look too healthy. Firstly, the leaves started turning yellow with brown spots and now they are falling off. The leaves at the very top are still green. I have been watering it daily and I used the compost that the garden centre recommended to replant it. Will it come back do you think? I have a guarantee from the garden centre. Should I take it back?

It may be suffering from transplant shock and possibly has a fungus (which like to attack plants that are weakened for one reason or another. This article will help with transplant shock: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm and also treat the tree with a fungicide.

00
Here are more questions about Birch Trees