Zucchini Plants

Zucchini Start

I have a 5 inch zucchini start that I brought in the house to reroot. Something ate through the bottom main stem. Anyway, it is now producing small zucchinis. The largest one is just over an inch long and there are 5 more smaller ones forming. The first one to form died and I believe the largest one as of now will also die soon. How do I treat this immature but hardy plant! This must be taxing to the plant. I live by the ocean and I use giant kelp to help my dirt and water my plants but none of the other plants are behaving this way.

If the immature fruit is dying off, this is likely due to poor pollination. If you cannot keep the plant outdoors or have a lack of pollinating insects, then I would try hand pollination. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/zucchini/zucchini-fruit-fall-off-the-plant-before-they-are-full-grown.htm

Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants