Zucchini Plants

Zucchini Plant

My zucchini plant is doing fine except for one offshoot of it. The leaves are curling and not flat like a normal one. Also, the fruit is coming out more like a squash that has grooves in it. In other words, it looks lumpy. I started the seeds from Burpee and are suppose to be yellow zucchini, but they are green. I am wondering if I have gotten a mix of seeds.

Do you have other squash planted near your zucchini? They will cross pollinate with other squash plants. My best guess is that is what has happened to your plant. Probably the work of a busy bee. The squash are still edible, just not what you expected. I normally plant mine on opposite ends of my garden to help avoid that. I suppose it's possible there was a mix up with the seed, but I'd put my money on the bee.

Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants