Zoysia Grass

Zoysia Grass

I live in on the Westchester/Putnam county bourder in New York. To be honest, I cut my own grass and hate that I have to spend 2-3 hours a week just cutting it, not to mention if I skip a week it takes twice as long. I have known about Zoysia Grass for many years and would love to plant it; however, I am not sure if it would do well here. Can anyone tell me if you know if you know how it would do? I was thinking of getting a few plugs and putting them over my septic tank feild and seeing how it goes but I know once you plant it, going back is not an option. Any thoughts?

It will grow, and grow well, where you are, but the reason it is not normally grown in cooler climates is because it goes dormant in the fall and winter and turns hay brown and people don't like the look of it. If you are ok with this behavior, then zoysia would be a good fit for you.

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass