Yucca Plants

Yuccas

Rob added on March 13, 2011 | Answered

Three years ago I cut a stem from my Yucca and put it in water. It rooted!! It now stands at just over 2 metres. I was also given a 'dead' Yucca by my neighbour and watered and fed it and it survived after using a very sharp knife to cut 5/6 slits in the trunk. Lo and behold out came stems and it is now in full bloom and growing rapidly. Is this the norm or am I just lucky? Last year, again, I cut of a stem and put it into water and it has now rooted! From Rob in Germany.

Being able to root them in water with that kind of success is unusual. Normally yuccas root better in soil because they are desert plants and too much water can rot them. But, if it works for you, keep doing it. It sounds like you have the magic touch!

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants