Houseplant Problems

Yellow Things Growing in My Plant Containers

I have little yellow things growing in my indoor plant containers along with my plants. What are they? Are they harmful? How do I get rid of them?

It is likely fungus growth. The following article should be of some help to you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/getting-rid-of-mushrooms-growing-in-houseplant-soil.htm

00

While there are occasions when we almost have to use a -cide (fungicide,etc), if poisons can be avoided, I think they should be. There are a couple of things you can try, if you want to get rid of your mushrooms. 1) dig them up, and keep digging every time they appear;2) scrape off the top 2 or 3" of soil, and replace with sand;3) don't keep you plants so wet. The last is the most important - mushrooms are a good sign that your plants' soil has too much moisture. The soil from half way down the pot, or more, should be tested for moisture before every watering, and it should be almost dry - just barely sticking together if you squeeze it between your fingers - before watering again.

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Problems