Weigela Shrubs

Wygela Is Dying From Bottom Up

Kenwatts added on October 15, 2017 | Answered

My weigela bushes are all dying from the bottom up. I just planted them spring of 2017. I have them behind a row of small soft leaf hollies which are doing good. I was told i didn't need to fertilize the weigela this year and I have tried watering them more and the leaves just keep falling off. ? Help!! Brown thumb!

This sounds like a case of fungal or bacterial issues. I have a remedy that I like to use. It is safe and can be used at any time. Here is the recipe: First, you will want to prime the soil with dolomitic lime, then spread wettable sulfur to Kill off any infection in the soil. I Also like to spray the plant itself. Mix a few drops of one or more of these ingredients into warm water with a spoonful of coconut oil: Rosemary oil, lavender oil, neem oil, garlic oil, cinnamon extract/oil and for really bad cases, also add clove oil.

Here is a link that will help with further care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/weigela/growing-weigela.htm

10
Here are more questions about Weigela Shrubs