Ivy Plants

Worms Killing Ground Cover

I have a small flower bed, completely surrounded by cement. I've had an ivy ground cover for over ten years in this bed and never had any problems. This spring I heard something in the flower bed and found large black worms. They have killed off all of the ivy. How do I get rid of them and prevent them from coming back? I also have another type of ground cover in this same bed that has not been affected at all!

I am not sure what kind of worm that is, but if you send a picture, we can try to identify it. To tell the truth, ivy is nearly impossible to kill, so it is unusual that they are able to.

Regardless, I would recommend trying neem oil. It is effective against bugs that suck or chew on plants, which it sounds like they are doing. Here is more information on neem oil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ivy Plants