Raised Garden Beds

Wood for Potage

Anonymous added on January 29, 2014 | Answered

I am about to build my first potage and have been told various things as what to use in regards to the surround of the potage. Do I need to use specific wood? Any advice would be appreciated. By the way, I like your comments about ensuring that you use pretty things, as this makes a vegetable patch a potage. Well you will be pleased to know mine will actually be a potage and will actually be in France. Thanks for your very useful website.

If you are building a raised pottage bed, then you will want to use a weather resistant wood. A cedar or a treated wood will work well. Just ask how well a wood will stand up to outside influences like rain and sun. You can use other woods, but they will only last a few years, as they will break down under the elements of nature.

Here are more questions about Raised Garden Beds