Wisteria Vines

Wisteria Strand Dying

I have looked online for answers but not found any to my specific question. I was given a Wisteria plant that was established from a nursery about 3 years ago, which I planted in ground and it has grown well against my wall. This year it has really spread and almost every day I am up a ladder trying to encourage the new strands to grow in certain directions. I now have a couple of new strands that have decided to go brown and appear to be dying back. Is it best to cut these before they die back to their main local branch or do they just stop at a certain point? Many thanks.

It sounds like you may have a fungus. Leave the brown stems for now. The leaaves may be dead, but the stems may be alive (they will be pliable if they are still alive) and will regrow their leaves when the fungus is addressed. Treat the whole plant with a fungicide. If you water, try to keep watering of the plant low to the ground and water only in the mornings.

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines