Wisteria Vines

Wisteria Never Grew or Bloomed

Anonymous added on January 9, 2011 | Answered

I paid a landscaper to do my backyard. I requested Wisteria to cover the pergola he put up and two trees (vines?) were planted. One on each side. There were only some green leaves on them when he planted them and they never did well or even bloomed (Both were about 4. 5 feet tall). All plants were only guaranteed for 3 months. After a couple of months, I expressed my concern and was told when the weather got warmer they would be fine. Well, it has been a year now and they never looked well.  I noticed some damage from the weed wacker at the base of trees. Now they look worse than ever. Is there any hope these plants will survive? What is the cost of replacement for each plant if needed?

Wisteria are amazingly resistant plants, so I have no doubt they will bounce back. It takes them a year or two to get established before they really take off and bloom. If you foresee the weed whacker continuing to be a problem, I would recommend making small collars for them out of flexible plumbing pipe to keep the weed whacker from doing further damage.

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines