Hibiscus Plants

Wintering a Hibiscus

cjfuller added on April 3, 2018 | Answered

I wintered my sister's hibiscus. It's in a large pot and I placed it in a west window. It lost lots and lots of leaves at the onset but then that slowed down - some of them just turned yellow and I pinched them off. But the plant has continued to bloom. It is now the beginning of April and it has at least a dozen buds on it. I want to prune it so it will leaf out but I don't want to hinder the blooms. What should i do?

You will have to hinder the blooms to make it healthy again, unfortunately. Now is the time to prune them down to the preferred height. This article will guide you on the proper pruning of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/tips-for-pruning-hibiscus-plants-when-to-prune-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants