Vegetable Gardening

Wilting Vegetables

I decided to start a vegetable garden right in the middle of a heat wave with no rain for the past 2 weeks and no rain in sight. The temps here in Atlanta have been 90+ degrees. I buried a soaker hose around each plant and also water them every couple of hours from an above ground garden hose. Unfortunately, they still appear to be wilting/dying - "they" being green bell peppers, red bell papers and eggplants. What should/can I do? Will they come back to life once we do get rain?

If you are watering and the plants are still wilting, they are probably infected with a disease called bacterial wilt. It will affect any plant in the nightshade family, which includes tomatoes, peppers and eggplants.

This article will have more information:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pepper/pepper-wilt-on-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Vegetable Gardening