Duranta Plants

Will Duranta Come Back to Life

Keely added on May 31, 2015 | Answered

We moved and it was left at previous home in garage. When I brought it to new house, I changed to a larger pot, gave plant food and hoping for the best. It was left at previous address from December to now and when it seemed to die off, I thought it was a plant that comes back so I tucked it away.

The Duranta is considered an annual in all plant hardiness zones except for 8-11 (Rhode Island is 5b to 7a). So, it must be over-wintered indoors. It can be brought inside as house plant or taken into a garage and set into dormancy until the next spring as you have done. It's hard for me to judge whether it will come back to life as I don't know it's current state. The best thing you really can do at this time is put it back outside and heed to its care plan, which can be found in the following article:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/duranta/care-of-duranta-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Duranta Plants