Calla Lily Plants

Will Calla Lily Seeds Grow (From Your Plant in the Garden)

suzie52 added on October 21, 2012 | Answered

I planted my first calla lily this year and saw that in the fall it had seed pods. I have been trying to get them to sprout. Can it be done? And, if so, how?

You can grow them by seeds but seed grown plants will take much longer to grow and produce flowers. Therefore, it is easier to just grow additional plants through division.

How do you grow the calla lily from seeds. I have tryed a lot of different ways. maybe I just have to wait a lot longer before I see any sprouts? I put seens between two paper towels and water them daily. I have planted them in garden soil and have plastic on top, watering daily or when needed. Nothing is happing, I was told you would see sprouts in a few days. Am I doing the right thing ?

Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants