Coreopsis Plants

Why Isn’t My Coreopsis Growing in Its Second Season?

Nauticawest added on June 14, 2014 | Answered

Last spring I planted two Perennial Coreopsis and they bloomed beautifully. I deadhead the spent blooms and the two plants continued to thrive all summer through fall. I cut the plants to the ground for the winter. This spring-2014- both Coreopsis begin to show life with green shoots sprouting in May. Now, in the midde of June the two Coreopsis' haven't grown or expanded at all. How long should I continue to hold out for their additional growth and subsequent blooms of yellow flowers? Our winter here in Michigan was extremely cold; along with a cold spring. Could this be a reason why the plants are taking longer to shoot up and bloom. Or, should I consider the Coreopsis' to be a bust? And plant new ones? Please advise. Thank you!

There are so many varieties of coreopsis, some are annual and some are perennial, and some are much more winter hardy than others. The winter could certainly have affected them in some way. At best, they last only 2 -5 years, so the weather may have hastened their old age. I think I would plant some different varieties, but leave those, in case they recover after some extra time. Here's some general information on these beautiful flowers: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/oranges/growing-an-orange-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Coreopsis Plants