Rose Of Sharon Plants

Why Has My Rose of Sharon Not Grown at All Since I Planted It?

sdion@dionco.com added on June 21, 2017 | Answered

I bought a Blue Chiffon Rose of Sharon Live Shrub (4.5 in. Qt.) from Home Depot. I planted it immediately following the instructions provided. This was back on June the 5th. The shrub does not look distressed but it has not grown at all (it is still juts about 12\\\'\\\' tall and it is 15 days later). It has a couple of buds that appear to get ready to bloom at some point. Should I worry about it? How long does it take to grow even just a little? I bought another rose of sharon two years ago and I seem to remember that it grew fast. Thank you

A couple of weeks is not that long for a newly planted shrub. It is likely spending it's energy establishing a root structure.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/rose-of-sharon/rose-of-sharon-bush.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rose Of Sharon Plants