Peach Trees

Why Did My Peach Tree Bear No Fruit This Year?

mccleery15 added on June 5, 2012 | Answered

I just moved into a new house and there is a peach tree in the backyard. The neighbors state that they got a bushel of peaches last year. This year it blossomed out and everything, lots of bees, but nothing--just leaves, and the leaves are sort of sparce and not as full as it should be. Why? Does it need more water? Less? Does it have a fungus? Help. . .

This year has been a bit strange. Due to the weather fluctuations, I would say that the fruit (and young leaves) likely were victim of a cold snap that came through after a warm spell. New growth and immature fruit are very susceptible to cold weather.

Just as a precaution, I would treat the tree with both a pesticide and fungicide. This will take care of most issues that could be the problem. I would recommend neem oil. It is both a fungicide and pesticide and is a safe organic.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees