Dracaena Plants

Why Are the Stems of My Plants Becoming Soggy?

yougotval added on April 22, 2012 | Answered

The bases of the leaves on my dracaena and yucca plants have become mushy and are falling off. In fact, all of my houseplants appear to be sick and/or dying since being repotted and fertilized. I waited a month after fertilizing before repotting. I have a White Bird of Paradise that endured a brutal Oklahoma winter beautifully and now it seems like every frond is browning, curling, and dying.  I have had most of my plants since October, and they all did very well throughout winter.  I am a first time plant-caregiver but I am very adamant about keeping them happy and healthy. . . please help!

It sounds like root rot has developed. Root rot is normally caused by over watering. Most plants, especially yucca, only need watering once the soil has dried. This article will help determine if this is indeed the problem and what you can do about it: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants