Starting A Garden

When to Plant

Beckie added on April 27, 2011 | Answered

Yes, I am writing a small section in a little newsletter about gardening and I have had so many different answers on when to plant in the northwest. I live in Washington state, Puyallup to be exact, and I want to plant vegetable and flowers; but because of cold weather here right now, I am unsure of when to plant. I was told not until after May. Others say now, but I need to know more. Thank you, Beckie

It varies depending on the plants you are planting, but for most plants, you want to wait until after your last frost date. The last frost date for Puyallup, WA is about mid May, somewhere between the 13 and the 17. Last frost dates are calculated off historical average last frosts dates for your area.

00
Here are more questions about Starting A Garden