Hydrangea Plants

When to Move a Hydrangea

I want to move a two year old hydrangea and need to know what the soil needs and best time of the year for moving, and do I trim or cut back before moving?

I would put it off until fall if at all possible, or wait until next spring. However, as long as the plant is properly acclimated beforehand and the temps are not too hot/cold, you can still go ahead and move your hydrangea now. Be sure to place it in a suitable location and give it plenty of water deeply until the plant re-establishes itself. Also, make sure to get up as much of the roots and surrounding soil with it. You may want to prune it back some too so that the plant focuses on root growth rather than foliage/blooms. Here is information on their care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/growing-hydrangeas-hydrangea-care-guide.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants